Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Spreading the warmth

I recently joined a group of wonderful people who are all crocheting/knitting hats for those affected by Hurricane Sandy, it was all started by this wonderful woman at this blog: Finnegan and the Hughes.

I wanted to take a few minutes to gather all the patterns I used so here goes!


Above are 4 Puff Stitch women's beanies, this is one of my favorite free patterns! It's very quick and there is even a video tutorial you can follow! The written pattern is HERE and the video tutorial is HERE.

Top left; this hat is so cute and I can't wait to make more! All my little boys shall be elves this year (they'll love that, especially my 10 & 12 year old)! The pattern came from HERE but I changed a few things along the way.


Below that hat is a Spiral Beanie, I am going to be honest-I started off making this more me but it ended up too snug on my head! I plan on making another and maybe follow the men's pattern! You can find this free pattern HERE on the Bernat website. To access this pattern you have to sign up with the Bernat website, it's free.
Bottom right; A great basic men's beanie! Super simple and works up quickly, this is also the beanie pattern I used for the bearded beanie I posted earlier. Find it HERE.


Bottom right; I made quite a few of these and changed the colors or added different details but the base pattern can be found HERE!



3 comments:

  1. Jen...Thank you so much for sharing!! I am going to share your post, I love the patterns for the hats!! THANK YOU for helping spread the word and the warmth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and these hats are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome, I can't wait to continue to watch the progress. I haven't blogged in so long and thought this is a great time to start!

    ReplyDelete